Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we’ve got the pumpkin pie recipe that is sure to impress everybody at the dinner table. This recipe uses our very own honey to give a little extra kick of flavor. The honey brings out the pumpkin flavor in ways you never thought possible.
- 1 pack of par-baked pie dough
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup GLBC honey
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Spread pre-baked pie crust on pie pan
- Brown the butter on low-medium heat, stirring constantly until darkened, 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat and add honey, stir in
- Return to heat and bring butter-honey mixture to a boil until darkened again, 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and gradually incorporate heavy cream, stirring constantly
- In large bowl, whisk eggs and brown sugar together
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and then dry spices.
- Pour filling into the pan with crust and transfer to the oven
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until filling is set
- Let pie cool
You can customize this recipe’s spices to add or subtract cloves, allspice, ginger, and more. Enjoy the newest staple of your Turkey Day dinner!