Honey Simple Syrup contains all the easy steps of making plain simple syrup combined with all the rewards of the unique taste of honey. This 15 minute Honey Simple Syrup recipe is so quick and easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making homemade simple syrup your whole life!
It should come as no surprise that, similar to normal simple syrup, Honey Simple Syrup doesn’t call for too many ingredients. Honey is just another form of sugar, so all we need to do is turn it into syrup. How do we that? Easy. The sticky, golden liquid is made from merely dissolving sugar into boiling water. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 12oz bottle of The Great Lakes Bee Company’s Hasselman’s Honey in the Classic Bear Bottle
- 3/4 cup of water
- Empty the entirety of the Raw Honey Bear bottle into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 3/4 cup of water.
- Stir slowly to incorporate the ingredients and dissolve the honey. 5 minutes.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture reduces and turns slightly lighter shade than honey. 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let the mixture cool.
- Add to container of choice.
You can add the mixture to any airtight container of your choosing, but be warned: pouring honey freely from jars can get messy. We suggest adding the mixture back into our classic bear bottle. It has the same size spout as professional simple syrup bottles, making it easy to pour mess-free. Be sure the mixture is completely cooled however, before adding back to the bear bottle or else it may cause the plastic of the bottle to heat up and bend.
The mixture will be less thick and more soluble than regular honey, making it great for adding to cold drinks. No more cold clumps of honey that won’t mix into your beverage! Honey simple syrup is great to add to food as well. It can be used as a syrup, sweetener, vinaigrette, marinade, or even a dressing.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container and it stay good for one month.